What will you learn?
Use Datomic dev-local to run and test your application in development environment without connecting to a server.
Focus on writing your application logic and leverage the Ion tooling and infrastructure to handle deployment and execution.
Grasp Datalog; the query language of Datomic. Learn how to query your data with different query types.
Understand how to model with Datomic. Learn schema attributes and know how to use them correctly.
Learn how to process transactions with Datomic. Understand transaction requests and results.
Deploy your application to AWS, without having to master the many different services involved.
What shoud I know before picking up this course?
This course builds up on the Learn Reitit course. We take the finished code, with slight modifications, from the Reiti course and refactor from Postgres to Datomic. That said, if you are familiar with Reitit, Ring, Handlers, and Middleware you should have no problems picking up the Datomic course, without taking the Reitit course.Get Datomic + Reitit
Reviewed by experts
The code used in this course has been sliced and diced by these experts so that you can learn the best practice and idiomatic Clojure.
Jarrod C Taylor
Co-Founder @ Cognitect
Co-Founder / CTO @ Scrintal
The right package for you
Choose the package that suits you the most. Be it one time payment for a course or a monthly subscription that gives you access to all the courses.
Get this course if you are familiar with REST API and want to learn Datomic.
- Learn Datomic dev-local
- Learn Datomic schema
- Learn Datalog
- Learn Transactions
- Learn Datomic Ions
- Deploy to AWS
Datomic + Reitit PRO
399 € 478
Get this course if you want to learn REST API and Datomic.
- Everything in Datomic PRO
- Access to Reitit course (REST API)
- Lower price
Frequently asked questions
- What will I learn?
- The focus is on Datomic Cloud, including Datomic dev-local, Datomic Ions, and Datalog. We'll switch from Leiningen to deps.edn, from PostgreSQL to Datomic, and from Heroku to AWS.
- Is this course right for my skill level?
- Datomic database will be used as part of REST API service. We are not going to build the API and you should be familiar with Ring, Routing, Handlers, and Middleware.
- How long do I have access to the course?
- How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
- What if I am unsatisfied with the course?
- If after watching a couple of first videos you are unsatisfied, get in touch—we will provide a full refund.
- Does this course support Open Source?
- Yes! By buying this course you are supporting Open Source Projects. 10% of profits will be transferred to Clojurists Together to fund critical Clojure and ClojureScript open source projects. Addition to that, we also support independent software developers working on Clojure projects.
- Is it best practice?
- Yes! The content of the course has been reviewed and approved by experts: Jarrod C Taylor, Furkan Bayraktar, Stuart Halloway, Wilker Lúcio, and Thomas Heller.
- Can I buy this as a subscription?
- Yes! You can subscribe to ClojureStream and get this course as part of the subscription.
Supporting Clojurists Together and independent Clojure Developers.
Creating ClojureScript Podcast for everyone.
- Transferred to ClojuristsTogether
- Transferred to Clojure Developers
- Plays of ClojureScript Podcast